Service Time: (Approximately: 30-75 +/- Minutes)
- Extend Life: Help extend transmission fluid life.
- Minimize Hard Shifts: Help minimize rough or hard shifting problems.
- Revitalize Seals & Parts: Help revitalize seals and o-rings to help stop and prevent leaks.
- Filter – Prevent Restriction: Prevents fluid restriction and potential clogging of the filter.
WHAT DOES TRANSMISSION FLUID DO?
- Unlike engine oil, which is primarily a lubricant, transmission fluid serves as both an oil and a hydraulic fluid that facilitates:
- Gear shifts,
- Cooling of the transmission,
- Lubricating moving parts.
- Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) services are often neglected.
- Neglected transmission fluid can:
- Causes premature wear, varnish buildup and blockages in valve body and fluid passages.
- Allows floating metal shavings and debris to deteriorate parts.
- Causes rough or hard shifts due to degraded fluid.
- Can cause potentially expensive repairs.
- 90% of automatic transmission failures are due to heat, overheating, and fluid contamination.
WHEN TO SERVICE?
- Mileage and/or Time: Services are due based on manufacturers recommendation of mileage and/or time.
- Testing and/or Condition: When the fluid becomes dirty. (will need replaced more often if not routinely serviced)
- Abnormalities: If fluid has metal, milky or empty. (see repair facility for further diagnosis & repair)
*Disclaimer: High mileage vehicles, or vehicles that have not routinely performed transmission fluid service, may pose potential problems due to
excessive fluid degradation and buildup of varnish on clutch packs and internal parts, which causes slow restriction to fluid passages
and excessive tolerances, which trans flush cleans out.
*Disclaimer: All Additional Services are Recommended Based on Mileage, unless otherwise noted or previous service history is available to reference.
Fluid samples are used for illustration and informative purposes for the customer.